Well, they've left Mito, moving on to more highly esteemed venues such as Yokohama, Tokyo, and Mount Fuji. They'll be completing their summer tour with stops in Brazil and Turkey. We groupies are left behind, trying to pick up the pieces and get back to life-as-usual, until the next group of superstars (the Barneches, maybe you've heard of them?) blows into town. T-minus eleven until the next show.
Here are some highlights from the week:

My little Crissy turns 21! Fun fact: we've both celebrated our 21st birthdays in Japan! But mine involved a sushi dinner...aren't you glad yours didn't, Cris?

Me, Sis Cris, Aunt Lynette, Papa Bob, Mama Donna.

Yakki nikku (Korean-style barbecue) with the Obatas.


Dad and Mom try their hand at pottery in Kasama.

Mariko, Makoto, Jessie and Nichika/Michelle served as wonderful translaters, photographers, co-potters and muses in Kasama.

Classic Cris

Coming soon to a Christmas card near you
3 comments:
Yay! Soon it will be me!
Yay for pictures!!! I can't wait to hear all about the trip. And I love the last picture! I'm going to print it, and it shall become my official Carpenter/Barneche picture.
Love y'all!
What a fine bunch of Carpenter-tachi. Looks like you guys had some good times with the fam. I think they look exactly as I imagined them. Anyway, hope you guys are doing well and also hope the house is warm enough now that you don't need toyu. Okay, have a good day.
Rusty
Post a Comment