
What Am I going to do with my life? You know...Career wise?
As Kelly and I consider our plans for next year this nagging question looms over my head from the moment I wake up in the morning to the moment I go to sleep at night. Such looming, as you can imagine, is becoming irksome. The more I try to solve it the more confused I become! Recently I had strongly considered getting my Master's in Architecture and being an architect. I was relatively settled on this when recently I have heard nothing but bad story after bad story about being an architect. In my experience, it seems that architects themselves (even relatively successful ones) usually confirm these stories more often than they deny them. The ghost of my longing to do medicine has recently reared its head again and several options besides medical school have re-introduced themselves to me. Augh. What to do? Then it hit me. Following the Bush Administration's idea that if people are given democracy they will collectively steer themselves in the right direction I have decided that I have been an absolute tyrant concerning my future! Thus, we will put it to a vote. Here's your chance people! Rock the vote.
You tell me what I should do. Suggest Mark's future occupation.
We'll collect the votes and maybe make a...(drum roll) ....pie chart. Here's your chance to use that comments button down at the bottom of this post. Help me out here people.
P.S. I know for many of our readers the above picture poses quite a conundrum. Liberty + Flag waving = Good. Topless + woman = Bad. How the two can perfectly co-exist is startling and to add insult to injury the painting is French. Please, don't flag us for indecency. It's just a visual aid.
8 comments:
"Libety Leading the People"! That's what painting that is, isn't it?
I have no idea what you should be. I don't even know what I should be. My problem is that you can't make money doing the things I'm interested in for a living.
Hey! I decided it would be cool to be a pyrotechnician! Maybe that's what you should do.
Rodeo clown or professional hot dog eating contest circuit rider. JK (well, only kidding a little about the circus clown). Uhm, designer/carpenter is good. Of course, Rachel or I would love to open up an American branch of La Table de Izumi and would enjoy partnership! You would make a great biblical studies teacher/Christian counselor. Also, why not learn Portuegese and become a foreign language teacher. And last, but not least, join the Woods on our church planting endeavors. Hope this helped a little, or, at least hope it didn't confuse you more.
P.S.:Rachel and I have yet been unsuccessful in finding a way to make money and never work again while living on the beach and sipping tropical beverages so we don't suggest that for your profession at the moment. However, when we perfect that formula, you and the wife are more than welcome to join us.
Well since you are still the quintessential man of cool, I think you should follow the American dream and become a star in Hollywood. You have already been to the Oscars a few times, so you're practically halfway there.
If you ever want to start a web-based business let me know. Marc and you could do the visual work, and I could program the back end. If we came up with just the right idea we could join Rusty and Rachel on the beach indefinetly!
www.shaolins.com think about it anyway
Okay this is a no brainer...a junior high school principle that has an edge on science...that is of course till you run for the US Senate and become Mark the politician. Or you could also be a National Park Ranger and eventually change your name to Walker Texas Ranger.
I vote that you guys come to Brazil. :)
Mark - you clearly need to be a hunter, given your demonstrated skill in that area. : ) Sorry I haven't said hi in forever - I'll try and drop you guys an e-mail asap
Post a Comment