Sunday, April 22, 2007

Fun With Pocket Translators

This just showed up in my inbox and it's too precious to keep to myself. Before reading it, you should know that the author is one of my favorite teachers from my school in Mito. You should also know that other teachers are in awe of his English abilities, mostly because he tends to bust out a pocket translator and make it all seem so easy...judge for yourselves. I miss Japan!
Hello
Kelly teacher
How is it spending?
The e-mail, thank you very much.
We printed a photograph soon and saw it.
Thank you.
There was a beginning formula in the midorioka elementary school on April 6th.
Also, there was an entrance ceremony on the 9th and 194 fresh children entered.
Now, it is doing the home visit and it is very busy.
Then, Kendon teacher of AET came from the 20th, was teaching an English conversation.
Kelly teacher be careful healthily and exert.
Good-by
The midorioka elementary school
Yamamoto & teachers

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Speaking of precious things, check this out. I'm not one to cry at blog posts, but this one had me reaching for a tissue. My sister is possibly the best writer in the blogosphere (and I realize I'm revealing my nerdiness by saying that).
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Speaking of blogs and my nerdiness, wouldn't you LOVE to hear from Mark? Don't you find his writing clever, hilarious even? Don't you think it's strange that our blog's entitled The Barneches, but you mostly hear from A Barneche? Just a thought.

4 comments:

kteachjoy said...

Wow! What impressive speaking, or should I say typing, skills?

Suzanne said...

Yes, the masses demand Mark!

also, I'm wondering if your experience with the author of the e-mail helps you to understand its meaning. Some of it is beyond me.

Mark and Kelly said...

Suzanne--not at all. That's what's so great about it.

Anonymous said...

Hey Kelly! This is Nina, Rachel's German friend whom you met in Heidelberg and Mannheim, and again in California the year after. I stumbled upon this blog via Rachel's one and only blog post on her website. Just wanted to say hi! (and of course also hi to Mark, even though we don't know each other - but I do believe we briefly met in Heidelberg?)

Last I heard about you, you'd gotten married, so - congratulations! Even though I'm way late with that.
You're living in Japan now? Or used to live there? How exciting!

Hope you're well! Take care! Nina