
It takes a lot to get me on the blog folks. However, this is the one straw that has broken this camel's back.
Who the #'($! is Akon? Who the (#$'% is T-Pain?! For the last few months of life in America I have been audio-assulted time after time with "apple bottom jeannnnnnssss.....boots with the furrrrr.....the whole club was lookin at her......" Based on my local radio playlist, it seems that all the good musicians in the world have succumbed to some rapture event leaving Akon and T-pain as the only two people in the world making music. Actually, now that I think about it, if there was going to be 1000 years of turmoil this would be the perfect duo to kick it off! The most insane thing about this is that if Akon and T-Pain aren't singing together they are featured by some other equally, distressingly-bad, hip-hop/rap artist. Such as the above mentioned song by the lovely "Flo Rida" that features T-Pain's piercing vocals for those hard hitting lyrics like "apple bottom jeans" and "fur". What? What's that you say? What are apple bottom jeans? Good question. Actually, I did a bit of research for this post and it turns out that apple bottom jeans is a product placement for Nelly's clothing line. Yes, Nelly! The man who brought you such hits as "It's gettin' hot in here (so take off all your clothes)" is now designing plus size women's jeans with the words "apple" scrolled on the left cheek and "bottom" on the right. Which, along with other popular butt nomenclature such as "juicy", "von dutch", and "princess" are the absolute worst words I'd like my, or anyone's behind associated with.
Is it getting hot in here? Well then leave your apple bottom pants and your furry boots on please. 'Cause the only thing getting "low" here is people's taste in music and the volume on my radio.
Nuff said....peace.
3 comments:
In a word: wow.
In a question: is the head on that body who I think it is?
In a sentence: I HATE AKON AND ALWAYS WILL.
AMEN!!!
Kanye is my home boy. I have to admit that I'm a hip hop honey when I work out. Or when i need to cop an attitude for whatever reason. :)
Even though "get low" is one of the nastiest songs I've ever heard, it's still on my treadmill playlist. It's the clean version if that exonerates me in any way. :::shame:::
Post a Comment