The real reason we're moving to New York...I'm only half kidding.
That's pretty much it on the pictures. We didn't want to be those dopey tourists with cameras hanging around their necks, so we tried to keep picture taking to a minimum, though I still whipped out the tour book enough to incriminate us as dopey tourists.
Here's what I wish I had taken pictures of (use your imaginations): us posing with Leila and Patrick, our fantastic hosts, in their cute Brooklyn apartment with gorgeous teal walls; our arms loaded down with H&M and UNIQLO shopping bags; the look of frustration on our faces as we come out of the wrong subway exit AGAIN; enjoying Korean food and sitting and talking until late at night in a park full of people with Daniel, Alex and Stefan; my "Mike's Special" Pinkberry, topped with Oreos, strawberries and Fruity Pebbles; the kind and friendly faces of the people at Columbia's School of Social Work (think Oklahoma friendly); the look of panic on our faces as we almost got killed (several times!) during a crazy cab ride to JFK; the smiles on our faces as we were reunited with Mark and Derek in Will Rogers World Airport.
It was a great trip and it helped me along the road towards making a final decision about grad school. Stay tuned...
No comments:
Post a Comment