Thursday, December 01, 2005
Zannen, desu ne...
Tonight, my laundry was stolen from the drier at a nearby laundromat. At least, I think that's what happened...I went back to get it and it was gone. Nowhere to be found. Who steals laundry?!? (Actually, there was a suspicious person in the laundromat with me, so I have an idea...). I hope he is enjoying my load of underwear, socks, and some very small brown pants. I guarantee those items meant more to me than to him--if you've ever gone with me to shop for pants, you understand how precious each pair that actually fits is. Two things I've already learned from this experience: 1. wait in the laundromat and watch your load like a hawk. 2. I have no idea how to say "I think my laundry was stolen. Please help me, dear laundromat owner" in Japanese.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Stealing laundry is evil.
We totally understand how you feel. All of our sheets were stolen last week at the laudromat near our house.
I'm sorry your laundry was stolen. One time in the dorm my friend Missy's laundry got stolen and she flipped out and cried and had the dorm director send out a mass-phone message to whoever the jerk was who had stolen laundry to PLEASE return it. Turns out her roommate had just done something nice and gone and gotten it for her and folded it and it was sitting in her room the whole time. Good talking to you last night. Love you.
I wish that would happen to me. Unfortunately, MY roomate was with me the whole time, so I can't hold out hope that this is a random act of kindness from him gone awry. On the other hand, I don't have to feel really embarassed like your friend Missy probably did:)
Post a Comment